Customized program to solve exclusive challenges of Mining Hub mining companies and associated suppliers. In M-SPOT, the mining company or supplier can launch specific challenges and in its exclusive interest, according to the operational or strategic need of that company. However, all the benefits of M-START continue to be maintained, such as Intellectual Property 100% of the startup and sharing of the results raised in the POC , in the Demoday phase.
Veja o Edital See the Notice Apply now
How does it work
Meet the open challenges
M-Spot Cycle 1 Season: Vale
- Vale is the first mining company to participate in M-Spot. There are 15 challenges subdivided into 7 major thematic areas: Energy, Railway, Geotechnics, Technical Marketing, Navigation, Pelletizing and Ports
M-Spot Cycle 2 Edition: Vale
- The second edition of M-Spot is also with Vale. This time, there will be 16 challenges subdivided into 6 major areas: Value Chain, Energy, Geotechnics, Health and Safety, Asset Management - Mine and Asset Management - Plant
Other seasons coming soon
- To learn more about how to participate in M-Spot send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the challenges of M-Spot Ciclo 2 Edition: Vale
Health and Safety
Asset Management - Mine
Asset Management - Plant
Conheça os benefícios de participar do M-Spot
Possibility of investment for validation of POCs;
Access to the infrastructure of the mining companies;
Networking with professionals from the mining industry and entrepreneurs.
Joint work with Neo Ventures.
Monitoring for the implementation of Proofs of Concept in Mining (POCs).
Startups selected to the immersion stage will be registered as possible suppliers at Vale.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is M-Spot? How it works?
Customized program to solve exclusive challenges of Mining Hub mining companies and associated suppliers. In M-SPOT, the mining company or supplier can launch specific challenges and of its exclusive interest, according to the operational or strategic need of that company. However, all the benefits of M-START are maintained, such as the Intellectual Property generated remaining 100% with the startup and the possibility to share the results raised in the POC with all associates, in the Demoday phase. M-SPOT takes place periodically, based on challenges related to the scope of operations of one of the mining companies associated with the Mining Hub. In each period 01 (one) mining company is benefited according to the approval of the Mining Hub Council.
- What is the company stage expected to enroll in the M-SPOT program?
To enroll for the M-Spot program, startups, technology-based companies and projects from science and technology institutions that have a formal constitution (CNPJ) are sought for application of proof of concept testing in the context of mining.
- What shareholding should I give to the mining godmother?
Participation in M-Spot is not linked to any assignment of equity interest by the startup. In M-Spot, proofs of concept (POCs) will be developed to solve specific challenges.
- My solution does not fit the themes, can I register anyway?
For solutions that do not fit into any of the challenge contexts, we suggest M-Connect, one of the Mining Hub’s programs oriented to create relationships with startups and innovation projects that do not fit within the challenges of M-Spot. Submit your project via LINK.
- What is the financial resource available to run the Proof of Concept (POC) on M-Spot?
See in the notice of rules and regulations which resource is available for each challenge. It is worth remembering that the resource will be approved during the Immersion stage, based on the planning validated by the Mining Company.
- Which mining company or supplier is launching this current edition of M-Spot ?
- What are the stages of the M-Spot Vale program?
To understand how the stages of the M-Spot Cycle 2 Vale Edition program check out Chapter II – The stages of the program in our notice.
- What are the main challenge areas of M-Spot Cycle 2 Vale Edition?
The main challenge areas are: Value Chain, Asset Management – Mine, Asset Management – Plant, Energy, Geotechnics, Health and Safety. For more details on each of the challenges in the notice.
- Any more questions?
Send it to us at email@example.com.